IMAS (INTECO Metals Application Suite) as brand name for process automation and control stands for a high-quality software solution to close the gap between equipment automation and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. IMAS covers the entire steelmaking production process, from scrap yard over primary- and secondary metallurgy up to ingot- or continuous casting, including ingot tracking. Accordingly, the different units of Special Melting and Remelting (VIM, ESR and VAR) are included. Furthermore, innovative developments of IMAS for the Titanium Industry and for Powder Metallurgy complete the product portfolio of our software system.
State-of-the-art software development combined with proven metallurgical expertise of INTECO are the fundamentals of the IMAS software products. The integrated automation concept of IMAS comprises all Level 2 functionalities as well as Plant Management functionalities. The latter covers the management of metallurgical data such as grades, materials and treatment recipes. Furthermore, planning requirements, the entire raw material flow (master data, locations and stock) can be additionally integrated.
The main functions of the shop floor applications represent: (1) the determination of the present situation, (2) the calculation and correction of set-points to reach the target values and (3) operation guidance considering the dynamic process (unforeseeable events). Thus, the system includes metallurgical process models developed by INTECO. Fundamentals of physics and chemistry are the basis of all included models. Finally, all process optimization models consider different criteria in order to ensure high product quality and minimize operation costs.
- IMAS Steelmaking (EAF, LF, AOD, VOD, VD, RH, IC, CC, SC)
- IMAS Special Melting and Remelting (VIM, ESR, VAR)
- IMAS Titanium
- IMAS Powder Metallurgy
USP‘s of INTECO Product
- Quality improvement due to fundamental-based process models
- Quality improvement due to standardized treatment practices
- Quality improvement due to data monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Productivity improvement due to guided process treatment
- Productivity improvement due to automatic set-point control
- High flexibility due to modular and state-of-the-art software development
- Easy-to-use operation interfaces due to dedicated designs for office and control room
- Modern software architecture for plug and play extensibility